Monday, December 12, 2016

Choose one CHALLENGING word in the book you are reading and explain why you think the author chose that word instead of a synonym. How does it make the book better?

27 comments:

  1. legitimate a sacry thing for kids that scare them.It is a jousey words so that is why the athor picked the word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Witch twins

    The author used continental insted of state so that the reader would try to figure the word out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. robot named kirobo

    companion he used that word instead of friend and he used this because it's more mature

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read lewis and Clark. Frontiersman ,The author used this word instead of colonist because it was appropriate for that period in history.

    ReplyDelete
  5. today I read a tale from a not so jolly roger. this book is about a group of boys who are stranded and are banging their heads on coconuts because the don't know how to get of this island. the challenging word i selected was meddling. this makes the book more interesting because that is where the book sucks you in and you think you are really there with the main characters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I survive St. Helens
    This book is about a girl named Jess and her friends were Sam and Eddy. When I read today I heard the word brilliant blue and it could of said blue skies but in my opinion is that brilliant blue sounds better than just blue plain blue i mean you can't say that does not sound better than brilliant, brilliant sound powerful more like better than plain old blue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im reading a book called,"Abduction"
    while I was reading I saw a sentence that said," He extended his hand again, Matt hesitated glanced again at the dog,took the mans hand." The challenging word in that sentence was hesitated, a good meaning for that would probably be paused because hesitated means mostly that you stop before saying, or doing something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. unstoppable


    Bawled is a challanging word in my book. bawled actululy means said. It is challanging because I never heard that word before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read Force out

    Bending, The author used bending to be more fancy with his words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it about.
      How did it make the book better.

      Delete
  10. Today I read Big Nate FROM THE TOP! It is about a kid named Nate and he goes through his life. He has his friends Teddy and Francis, his arch enemy Gina, and his Dad. Also, Nate has a sister Ellen. Nate plays a lot of sports. The books are really funny. He broke the record for getting MOST DETENTIONS. Or as if people think that. One challenging word from the book was lodging. I think he put that word instead of a synonym because maybe it makes more sense. It makes the book better because if it was one of the synonyms that were easy, then it would sound kind of like a 4 year old book. It is a challenging word so it makes the book more like a 9 year old book because some of the words are challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Running Out Of Time

    This book is about a girl named Jessie. Her mom is a nurse and many people are getting sick in their town. Jessie's mom told Jessie she needs to do something very dangerous. Jessie is wondering all day what it is. When she leaves school her sister gets the sickness everyone else is getting. Jessie is worried for her sister.

    A challenging word I found today while reading was Guardedly. I think it means protecting or guarding a certain area that is important.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Screaming Staircase

    In my book there was 3 kids who were ghost-fighters. They were part of a company called Lockwood and Co. 1 challenging word was rapier which is a type of sword. It makes the book more challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The book I am reading is Regarding the Fountain. ONe word the author used is crummy instead of other words because he is talking about the town. Crummy makes you think that the town is terrible and dirty. It looks like a dump. If you just said dirty you wouldn't see what the town really looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Misadventures of Max Crumbly Locker Hero

    This book is about Max Crumbly is life. His life is actually a very very miserable life.

    One really challenging word in this book that I came across is captive because I couldn't understand what it meant even though I read the sentence over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Big Nate and Friends
    One challenging word in the book was memo. The author used memo instead of message because it sounds more official. It was used when Nate scanned the head of Mrs. Godfrey and put it on the body of a sumo wrestler.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Who was Christopher Columbus?

    This book is about the life of Christopher Columbus. The setting is from when he was born until he died.

    A challenging word is restless. This means that you can't sit still. I think the author chose this word instead of a synonym because it would make the story more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Diary of a Wimpy Kid The Ugly Truth

    The words that was kind of challenging for me was was irks because I have never I have never heard of that word before so it was hard to figure it out.

    I think the author picked that word instead of the synonym because he wanted to pick a hard word for people to challenge them.

    ReplyDelete